Coronavirus (COVID-19) update – 24/03/20
To all our customers at home and afar,
Following the statement from the Prime Minister on the 23rd March in relation to the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), we wish to reassure our customers through these unprecedented times and inform you how these latest restrictions affect GeekCore, our staff and any orders you place with ourselves.
As an online only retailer, we are currently operating as normal. All orders are being received, processed and dispatched on time. The situation is of course evolving and this could change at short notice if further government restrictions are applied to close all ‘non-essential’ businesses or if our delivery partners (Royal Mail, DPD) encounter logistical issues.
The following guidance and changes are in immediate effect:
- We will no longer allow customer collections of orders or visitation to our warehouse premises.
- Parcels requiring a signature (DPD, Royal Mail) will be left at the front door and an identity check will be conducted from a distance.
- All staff not involved in the warehouse operation are being asked to work from home.
- Our customer service team are still responding to all queries within 24 hours.
- Staff are being reminded to wash their hands regularly.
- Our warehouse and packing operations have been reconfigured to ensure all staff maintain social distancing.
- Our returns policy for orders placed after the 23rd March 2020 has been extended to 180 days and may be extended further if the government restrictions continue. We encourage customers that wish to return items via the Royal Mail to stay at home and delay doing so.
- There may be sudden and unannounced delays with next day delivery services and Royal Mail deliveries for certain postcodes. All delivery guarantees are suspended until further notice. Please allow additional time for all methods of delivery.
- The disruption in supply chains internationally may result in a larger number of catalogue items being unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS have issued guidance stating that Covid-19 is very unlikely to spread on letters and parcels received in the post.
This advice is intended for domestic customers following the announcements of HM Government. This guidance may be different depending on your own countries restrictions.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support. We wish wish you, your friends, colleagues and family good health through this testing time.
With all our love and thanks,
The GeekCore Team